Herbal Remedies for Herpes Outbreaks
Herbal remedies are very effective way to treat various kinds of problems. They have been used to treat numerous health complications since thousands of years. I know that herbal remedies take extra time to cure any kind of health condition than medicines. If you use these remedies, you will not get any side effect. These options can heal every kind of problems from common cold to life threatening conditions like cancer, diabetes, heart disease, acne, herpes and many more. Like these conditions there are many more health conditions which have been successful treated by herbal remedies. In today’s generation, the big problem for every person in United States is herpes. Herpes is a viral infection which can spread through sexual and non-sexual interactions. There are 2 types of herpes virus, oral herpes (HSV-1) and genital herpes (HSV-2). Both the types are very contagious. Oral herpes is an infection of the lips, mouth and gum. It is called as a cold sores and fever blisters. It can spread through non-sexual activities like kissing, sharing same utensils, using same lip balm and razors of an infected person. Genital herpes can spread through sexual activities with an infected person. You can pass this virus to another person even when you don’t have any visible sores. To recognize, here are some symptoms of oral herpes and genital herpes.
Symptoms of Oral and Genital herpes
- Initial redness, swelling, pain or itching and it can develop in the area where the infection will erupt.
- Painful, fluid filled blisters may appear on the lips and under the nose. The fluid filled blisters are highly contagious.
- Blisters mainly appear on the genital parts of the body, but, they can affect other parts like mouth, lips etc. also.
- Pain while urination
To treat this kind of infection here are 8 herbal remedies for herpes cure which can give you relief.
8 Herbal Remedies are
- Apple cider vinegar– ACV (apple cider vinegar) is very effective way to cure herpes whether it is oral or genital herpes. There are few studies present that show the effect of apple cider vinegar on herpes. Apple cider vinegar has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which can treat herpes sores very effectively. To use this take few drops of ACV and mix with water (as per the requirement). Dip a cotton ball in ACV and directly apply this on your affected area. If used, apple cider vinegar will prove itself to be one of the best herbal remedies for herpes.
- Garlic– Garlic is very common ingredient in every Indian house hold. People generally use this to enhance the taste of their food but surprisingly garlic can treat herpes sores. Studies show that garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which can treat herpes outbreaks. Place crushed garlic on your affected area and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Repeat this method on a daily basis until you see improvement. Read more to know details about garlic and herpes.
- Turmeric– This is very common ingredient and people add this to enhance the taste, color of their food. This is proved and tested ingredient to cure herpes outbreaks. This has been used to treat various kinds of problems since thousands of years. You just need to add one tablespoon of turmeric in one glass of milk and drink this mixture on a daily basis.
- Honey– Honey is a nature’s gift for us and this is an amazing ingredient which can cure any kind of problem. Honey has antibacterial compounds which can heal the sores and blisters very effectively than others medicines. You can apply this directly on your affected area.
- Lemon balm– Lemon balm is very helpful to treat genital herpes. It is rich in polyphenols, flavonoids and it has anti-viral properties. It is very helpful to sooth the itching and pain. To use this boil one cup of water with few leaves of lemon balms. Boil this mixture for about 10 minutes then strain the water. Drink this decoction on a daily basis.
- Tea bags– This is the easiest and effective way to cure herpes at home. Simply apply a tea bag, which have to be cold and wet, to the affected area. Black tea is best for these types of sores. Soak tea bags in a hot water then cool it down. After cooling, apply soaked tea bag on your affected area.
- Aloe vera– Aloe vera is known for its healing agent and it has been used to treat various kinds of problems. You can use aloe vera gel which can found over the counter. Directly apply aloe vera gel on your affected area on a regular basis to sooth the pain.
- Echinacea– The antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and immunity boosting properties of Echinacea make it an effective herbal remedy for herpes. You can prepare a glass of juice or cup of tea to intake it.
As I mentioned above, natural remedies are very useful, affordable and these remedies can treat various kinds of problems very effectively. If you are suffering from herpes, try those remedies which I have mentioned above.
There are many more herbal remedies waiting to treat you. Click here to know about the other herbal remedies for herpes outbreaks.